Login issues on webGUI in Google Chrome, but not Firefox

zimmy6996

Explorer
I have two TrueNAS core boxes. 1 is running 12.0-U5.1, the other U6.1. For some reason, on both machines, I am 100% unable to login to the GUI when using Google Chrome for my browser. I can get to the login screen, but when I try to pass root/mypassword, in Chrome, it always errors, saying invalid user/pass, but on Firefox, it logs in without issue.

Chrome 96.0.4664.45
Firefox 94.0.2

I have tried clearing cookies, etc, and there is no change. It just won't work under Chrome. It's driving me insane. Any ideas?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Are there any spaces in your password?

zimmy6996

Explorer
Are there any spaces in your password?
No, there are no spaces. I did have a dot " . " in the password, but I tried changing it to a password with just 8 alpha characters, and that doesn't fix it either. I simply can't log in from Chrome.

zimmy6996

Explorer
No, there are no spaces. I did have a dot " . " in the password, but I tried changing it to a password with just 8 alpha characters, and that doesn't fix it either. I simply can't log in from Chrome.
The odd thing is, when I installed it, i used Chrome. I was running 12.0, and that worked. Something has changed in the later updates that broke it.

HITMAN

Dabbler
Try in private/incognito mode.
Back in the day i got almost the same with opera browser and qnap. It was working with all other browsers and only not working with opera saying wrong password.