Update to 11.2 beta- several issues: UI and SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

riste

Explorer
Hi!
I made a Major update from FreeNAS corral to FreeNAS 11.2 BETA. I ran in to all kinds of problems. I have solved most of them. For example the smb1 protocol and disabling that by default kept me up debugging for several hours. Cant get my Nvidia shield to connect without smb 1 one active. My android phone didnt find the shares either so SMB 1 is must have in my case? - but if it is a security risk I want to avid it but I dont know how.... suggestions?

The other major problem is the new UI. It keeps disconnecting and pushes me back to the login page. I have the same issue with all possible browsers and workstations. The legacy UI keeps my logged in. But I cant setup jails with the legacy UI.... suggestions?

Thanks in advance
FreeNAS user since the 0.6 versions and a Pentium II 266 machine ;)
rISTE

kdragon75

Wizard
it is a security risk I want to avid it but I don't know how.... suggestions?
Email nvidia and tell them to fix their ship.
The other major problem is the new UI. It keeps disconnecting and pushes me back to the login page. I have the same issue with all possible browsers and workstations. The legacy UI keeps my logged in. But I can't setup jails with the legacy UI.... suggestions?
Don't update from one platforms alpha software to another platforms beta software. Just install 11.1u6 from scratch and import your pool... Keep your shorts on until 11.2-RELEASE is out.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The other major problem is the new UI. It keeps disconnecting and pushes me back to the login page.
Make sure you've flushed the browser cache to get rid of cached old versions. Also, make sure there isn't any weird firewalling going on between you and your server.

riste

Explorer
Email nvidia and tell them to fix their ship.

Don't update from one platforms alpha software to another platforms beta software. Just install 11.1u6 from scratch and import your pool... Keep your shorts on until 11.2-RELEASE is out.

I tried to go the 11.6 train as well. Even more issues. UI in total shambles. And yes fresh install imported pool. The only way to "upgrade" FreeNAS.

riste

Explorer
Make sure you've flushed the browser cache to get rid of cached old versions. Also, make sure there isn't any weird firewalling going on between you and your server.

Don't think it is a firewall issue. But I will investigate.

Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.