Forum themes: "New Style" - changelog and discussion

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Comments and discussion relate to the New Style themes as shown in the images below.
Themes as they appeared in Xenforo 1.x
NewStyle-crop.png NewStyle_red-crop.png

Future images will be added when available, this post to be revised then.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Since we moved to the new software, a lot of the comments in the old thread will not apply. We have discovered that only part of the theme stuff transferred or has been rebuilt, and XenForo 2.x is substantially different. The former theme mod files are not the same, some plugin features have been incorporated, and for the moment not every addon has been enabled.

The old thread for NewStyle theme and XF 1.x.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
It possibly went by unnoticed, but the avatar image in the header has a slight border to distinguish mostly black avatars from the black background. Also recently changed is the theme selector link/button in the footer is a bit more visible.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
There have been few adjustments to this theme thus far.

However, recently there was some additions of logos for the category headers and single category view. The single category view logo addition is something I had wanted to do ages ago but simply did not figure out the needed selector. I need to look into how I adjusted the Ganz großes Kino -dark theme to adapt to wider viewports, so that I can make an alternative New Style theme which works similarly for those who are okay with the glaring brightness but are annoyed at the inefficient viewport space use.