Sexist Antivirus? That's a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's everyone's favorite sexist piece of malware antivirus software, Kaspersky!

Sexist antivirus fail.PNG

This is a real pop up I got after a recent update, which correlates temporally with the start of this issue. Assholes also turned their glorified Man-In-The-Middle attack on HTTPS back on, after I'd explicitly disabled that "feature".

Guess who's not getting my money in ~180 days.

INCSlayer

Contributor
But dont you wanna be the MAN?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
It's everyone's favorite sexist piece of malware antivirus software, Kaspersky!

View attachment 12754
This is a real pop up I got after a recent update, which correlates temporally with the start of this issue. Assholes also turned their glorified Man-In-The-Middle attack on HTTPS back on, after I'd explicitly disabled that "feature".

Guess who's not getting my money in ~180 days.
Wait... so you're actually paying for A/V protection on a home computer?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Wait... so you're actually paying for A/V protection on a home computer?
It is a bit surreal, and over the years, there have been far more instances of Kaspersky pissing me off than of it announcing that it eliminated some real threat.

I guess it's for the occasional dodgy USB drive I'm handed, but even those are becoming rarer.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
It is a bit surreal, and over the years, there have been far more instances of Kaspersky pissing me off than of it announcing that it eliminated some real threat.

I guess it's for the occasional dodgy USB drive I'm handed, but even those are becoming rarer.

Endpoint protection products like Kasperksy make more sense in a business environment in which they allow centralized deployment and management of A/V and features like data loss protection, ability to detect when users are doing malicious things, etc. I think home users are fine just using Windows Defender, EMET, and doing some basic client hardening steps. You don't need to streamline your admin workflow when you're only dealing with a couple of computers, and so a lot of the added value of the more sophisticated endpoint protection suites is somewhat lost.

Robert Smith

Patron
I do not get the ad, though. Cyber Security World is a conference. What exactly are we supposed to do, register and bring ladies? Do ladies enter for free?

What is the reward? Is it per lady brought?

Do ladies have to be hot?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I do not get the ad, though. Cyber Security World is a conference. What exactly are we supposed to do, register and bring ladies? Do ladies enter for free?

What is the reward? Is it per lady brought?

Do ladies have to be hot?
I guess in some ways there's not a lot of progress since these days

8qrln7ne155xdl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.