Forum - New Build Discussion Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccann73

Dabbler
Hi all,

Ever since comments have been locked down in the announcements section of the forum, I have been missing to ability to make/view comments on each new release. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a good idea, announcements section should be just for that and not turn into a major discussion, like the plex plugin for example.

I think we need to create a build release section in the forum, say expand the 9.3 section to cover all releases including plugin updates, this would give everyone an area to discuss a new release without flooding other sections with irrelevant info, and would think it might be a quicker way to pick up on major issues in a new build release, rare as they are!

Anyway that's my 2c worth :)

Cheers

D

dlavigne

We already have a lot of sub-forums. Do they not cover what you have in mind?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I think the suggestion might be for sub forums under the 9.3?

And possibly a major section for each major version. 9.2 and associated sub forums, 9.3 and associated sub forums, and so on.

It is a good way to organize, but there are already so many areas (maybe some of those could get combined).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Don't expect more sections to be added anytime soon. We've already had lots of discussions and the basic comments were:

1. We have so many sections people can't decide where to post.
2. We have so many sections people post to the wrong section.
3. We have so many sections that there isn't a defining reason for more.
4. Those that do read the forums regularly use the "new posts" button, so the section options are kind of inconsequential.

mccann73

Dabbler
I agree I wouldn’t want to make the forums any more complicated, and guess there is no easy fix, just seems to me it’s already getting fairly complicated with 2 different builds floating around, 9.2, 9.3 and even 10 for those playing around with it, maybe depasseg had the right idea, we break up "Help & Support" into major release versions, then replicate the sections in there to keep discussion relevant to those builds.

Anyway just a suggestion guys, maybe in the future :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
9.3's section will be deleted the day 9.3 hits RELEASE.. So don't expect it to stick around.

Frankly, I don't bother answering questions that aren't related to the current versions except to tell them to upgrade. It's just flat out not worth the time and effort for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.