Forum error message regarding image size

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
A few minutes ago I tried to upload an image via copy-and-paste, the very same image I posted on Mar 5 2018 in another thread using copy-and-paste. Old Posting from Mar 5:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...verheating-on-stress-tests.62130/#post-442716

This time I got an error message stating that the image would be too large, but not stating if this refers to pixels or to the data volume (for example in kiBytes). Basic parameters of the image in question:
800x641 pixels
240 kiBytes

It would be nice if the forum error message would state more clearly if an upper limit in terms of pixels or data volume was exceeded. Is there an announcement in this forum stating new limits I may have missed? And, of course, an image that small should not exceed any limits in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Limits are in file size, that much I know. But 240 kB should be well within the limit. Can you try it again using the "upload a file" button?

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
When using the Upload a File button the same error message appears (complemented by the file name).
Code:
The following error occurred
The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

Same behavior after a browser restart.

Last edited:

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Right, we're looking into this. We think something got accidentally changed when the forums were moved to a new location last week.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Next try using the same JPEG image and drag-and-drop:
DSC_0006_m1.JPG

Seems to be working again. It would be nice to know the image size limits, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.