First problem after the first setup

Digio88

Cadet
Hi all, and sorry for my "stupid request" :P
Im tryng to install the fisrt time on a little desktop "re-converted" in little home NAS but at the moment Im blocked in this mode:

IMG_20221017_010454 (1).jpg

When I tri to connect at the user interface, with my laptop or dektop in the same net (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5) Ive this error:

error.png

Ive try to change with another router but the problem its the same (Ive restart the both machine to "change" the IP assotiation).

In generally Its impossibile to ping:

error.png

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot :)

Glorious1

Guru
When you get the "Console Setup" menu in your first image, can you enter a menu number there, like 8 to reset defaults? Maybe you need to configure some of those items in 1-6.

Digio88

Cadet
When you get the "Console Setup" menu in your first image, can you enter a menu number there, like 8 to reset defaults? Maybe you need to configure some of those items in 1-6.
Thanks for the reply, Ive done but the same problem :( . Ive re-stage al the installation (disk erased) but the same... :(

NugentS

MVP
Please see rules at the top of the page.
Specifically list your hardware, properly - so we know what we / you are dealing with.

spuky

Explorer
is your desktop in the same subnet as the NAS ...
Some routers let wifi clients not access the local network... (a setting in the router...)

Digio88

Cadet
Please see rules at the top of the page.
Specifically list your hardware, properly - so we know what we / you are dealing with.
Ive write it in signature... :) sorry...
I am converting an Acer Veriton X4620G PC, Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz, RAM 8 GB, SSD 256GB.

Digio88

Cadet
is your desktop in the same subnet as the NAS ...
Some routers let wifi clients not access the local network... (a setting in the router...)
Yess... the same net 192.168.1.xxx :( not in wifi :(

NugentS

MVP
What network card does that PC have?
Can you post a photo of the console screen after the device boots
You were asked to post a full spec - please do so - your signature only contains some of the info.
Missing: Network Card - what chipset?
Missing: Hard Disks and how they are attached to the computer
Missing: Rating on the PSU

joeschmuck

Old Man
When I tri to connect at the user interface, with my laptop or dektop in the same net (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5) Ive this error:
This sounds like a network issue, not really TrueNAS.

Your network setup may be an issue if you are using WiFi, your router could be blocking it. Try to direct connect to your server, if that works then you know it's your router.

I am converting an Acer Veriton X4620G PC, Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz, RAM 8 GB, SSD 256GB.
8GB RAM is barely enough but it will work just as a NAS and not too many extra features.
The CPU is fine.
The motherboard? How many SATA ports does it have? It appears to have space for a single hard drive. I'm thinking this is likely not a computer suitable for this use, but that should have no affect on the network access unless the NIC is something non-standard.