bhyve/VMs not starting after network reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander Jansen

Explorer
hey,
I had to change my IP range today and now im running into a few problems. First was that i had to reset (delete and recreate) the network interfaces. That well and done, now Bhyve/VMs wont start... probably because i reset the network interface. I have the idea that the bridge adapters arent correct anymore and that that somehow prevents the VMs from starting. Ive also tried to create a new VM, same problem.

This is wat pops up in the log at the botom of the gui:
Jul 9 15:46:28 freenas tap2: Ethernet address: 00:bd:c3:3e:06:02
Jul 9 15:46:28 freenas kernel: tap2: promiscuous mode enabled

So it looks like its working with tap2. is there a way to recreate those bridges? or am i looking at it wrong? is this not the problem im facing?

EDIT:
yes i think its about the network interfaces... i tried a few more times to start a VM and i have 7 tunnel interfaces (tun1/7) so how can i remove those and what do i need to do to make it work correctly?

Last edited:

Sander Jansen

Explorer
:) there are no stupid questions.

Yes i tried rebooting.

I even tried factory reset and then loading in the config file. This also didnt work. What did work was just a factory reset and starting from scratch. Its somewhere in the network settings but i cant be botherd... its faster to start over... just installing 2 plugins and adding like 4 users and adding 3 VMs. the lucky part is that most of the settings are already in the datastore so its just loading them in or overwriting them and its done... that is faster then trying to figure out what is going wrong.

But it might be a good one to recreate for bugs or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.