Reset only network config?

Dunuin

Contributor
Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my bare metal TrueNAS Core 13.0-U3.1 to a virtualized TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.0.
I exported my config on the bare metal Core, created a new VM, installed SCALE and it looked working fine with the default configuration. I then uploaded my old core config file in the SCALEs webUI and it rebooted.
Now I can't access the SCALE webUI anymore, as the VM got different interfaces than the old physical host.

Core bare metal host got 2 NICs, splitted up into 10+ VLAN interfaces and these were bridged to 10+ bridges. IPs were set on those bridges if I remember right.
The VM can't work with VLANs and just got a lot of NICs (basically everything that was a VLAN is now a virtual NIC).

I tried to edit the network setting using the console by running "/etc/netcli" but this wont work. I was able to remove all VLAN interfaces but I can't use it to edit the network interfaces. When trying to edit a NIC to set a static IP or to enable DHCPv4 it fails for all interfaces with "Saving interface configuration: failed 'int_ipv4address'":
1674583341928.png

All those bridges with their IPs still exists, as I can see them when running "ip addr" but the netcli menu doesn't offer to delete bridges.
According to "ip addr" all interfaces are down and the bridges got no carriers:
1674583401286.png

Is there a way to reset only the whole network config, so I can keep all the TrueNAS settings and start with a fresh network config?

Dunuin

Contributor
So no way to restore a TrueNAS on other hardware where the NICs doesn`t match the previous config?

tubl07

Cadet
I've been fighting a similar config restore issue on new hardware. It seems to be tied to tthe kubernetes network interface from what i have struggled with today. I haven't yet found a solution. Very frustrating. In my case the restore wants to use ens18, but i have no such adapter. I can't delete it from the command line, it just crashes back to the 1-9 prompt. I'll update if I find a solution.

sretalla