adsisco

Cadet
As above, I've a CIFS share that i tried to connect on MacOS as follows:
ConnectToFreeNAS.png

However, it is empty.
EmptyFolder.png

Checking on the web shell however:
InShell.png

There are files in there that I previously uploaded using Windows, how can i see them?

Attachments

• ConnectToFreeNAS.png
    ConnectToFreeNAS.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 390

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I'm confused by your file path within FreeNAS. By default, FreeNAS maps the pool to /mnt/poolname.

It appears you're operating directly on the OS drive?

Please provide info on how your FreeNAS is configured.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Yes it looks like you put your data on the boot device not your pool.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

adsisco

Cadet
Note that when I try to move files in, I also get:
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-11%20at%205.42.35%20PM.png

As I'm new to FreeNAS, I've no idea how to describe my setup, can you kindly point out to me where should I go to retrieve useful info that you will need to help me?

I've took some random screenshots that I thought might be relevant.

SS1:
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-11%20at%205.55.37%20PM.png

SS2:
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-11%20at%205.55.56%20PM.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Looks like you have a permission problem. So you know how to deal with that? Here is a good video to start with https://youtu.be/RxggaE935PM

You can give us your hardware specs, disk layout, freenas version and permission settings. Also try to explain why you have a bunch of stuff in the wrong directory when you use the shell.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
So if you look at all your screenshots you will notice that when you're in the shell, you're in a path of /encrypted-zfs-vol1/cifs1. That indicates that you have a directory directly on the boot drive called that.

Your CIFS share is actually /mnt/encrypted-zfs-vol1/cifs1, which is what is expected because FreeNAS mounts the pool at /mnt/poolname.

You need to move the files located on the boot device to the pool and figure out why your directory structure is so messed up.

NickB

Dabbler
Another thing to keep in mind is that Finder doesn't update connected CIFS shares very well. If you update the files from another source, I've had to quit Finder and restart it.

And concur with the screen shot of the shell. The path should include /mnt like the CIFS share picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.