Cant Access my FreeNAS folder on Mac Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

goshen

Dabbler
I followed the instruction in the guide to create a shared folder in my FreNAS volume. I created both an AFP and CIFS volume. I was successful in initially accessing and placing my movie files in that folder. I can access the movie files via my Plex jail. However, the folder is no longer accessible on my iMac to add additional files. All I see is my folder icon labelled sharepoint and when I click or double click on it, I get an error popup: There is no application set to open the document "my_folder name"

The surprising thing is that I can still access the already added movie files from my Plex server/library I just can access the files from the iMac directly.

I am connected as an authorized user to the folder from my Mac even though I have the volume permission set to allow Guest Access. If I disconnect and hit the connect as button again on my iMac, I no longer get the prompt to enter a username and password. It just stays at Not Connected.

My iMac is running the latest MacOS: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1 (15B42)

Please help

-fun-

Contributor
Can you access the share from another Mac? Can you access the share when you reboot your Mac?

I have had similar problems myself which I wasn't really able to lay hands on. But this was on only one of my Macs (the one with the most recent OS X version btw.) and vanished after a reboot.

goshen

Dabbler
Thanks...I am now able to access the FreeNAS on my iMac. Sorry for the update as I was away on vacation and just got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.