Failed to sync OFFICIAL catalog

Bikerchris

Patron
@sking0379 Yes, Official charts works fine for me too. I'm sure it will be fixed, visiting the github itself shows recent activity.

LarsR

Guru
Truecharts is in the middle of a big rework and has stopped app updates for this month. Maybe your Problems are somehow connected to it.

Bikerchris

Patron
Truecharts is in the middle of a big rework and has stopped app updates for this month. Maybe your Problems are somehow connected to it.
Thank you for that @LarsR

zubzero689

Cadet
im new here so i might get hated on but i have been tring to figure this out for 2 week on and off. my main issue was when i put a br0 apps stop working and truenas couldn't update i take it away reboot works again i looked at global config looks good VM has internet smb didnt pop up when setting it up but was still there if entered manuely. so after all this time it could of been some box i check or it was on by default dont know but when i unchecked this box all worked and is right with the world, it was the DHCP box in the NIC. i must be stupid but i feel like i have to share this so if other noobs like me see this i could say i help someone.

Bikerchris

Patron
im new here so i might get hated on but i have been tring to figure this out for 2 week on and off. my main issue was when i put a br0 apps stop working and truenas couldn't update i take it away reboot works again i looked at global config looks good VM has internet smb didnt pop up when setting it up but was still there if entered manuely. so after all this time it could of been some box i check or it was on by default dont know but when i unchecked this box all worked and is right with the world, it was the DHCP box in the NIC. i must be stupid but i feel like i have to share this so if other noobs like me see this i could say i help someone.
Thank you or relaying your experience, I'm sure it's very helpful and will assistance someone in a similar situation.

wildenick

Cadet
Just installed the latest stable version of TrueNAS Scale on new and shiny hardware and this was the only thins that bugged me. For some reason it didn't want to update the official apps list.

Want to share my solution, maybe it will help someone. So I was getting the same error message, the strange thing was, that in tasks log time stamp had wrong date and time, even though in general settings everything was ok. I checked the timedatectl and it was all wrong. So I performed the following steps (similar steps from this thread
):

1. I set the bios clock on mainboard to my local time/date
2. Stopped NTP service - systemctl stop ntp
3. Started sync manually - ntpd -qg
4. Started NTP service systemctl start ntp
5. Checked the time with timedatectl again and was correct, time stamps in logs were correct as well

After that I checked Available Apps Tab and it loaded with no problems

FloydKulis

Cadet
@wildenick Thank you very much for writing this. It was enough that I changed the date in Bios to the current one and everything started working!

Dayan Foo

Cadet
I have an issue with connecting to the official catalog, every time i attempt to connect to the catalog it shows this error

Failed to sync TRUECHARTS catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog/' repository at '/mnt/Files/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog__main' destination: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/truecharts/catalog/ /mnt/Files/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog__main stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Files/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog__main'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog/': server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none '​

Even after choosing all the recommended DNS servers like 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 1.1.1.1. I've also checked if my ethernet was the issue and changed my ethernet cable many time and testing it with devices to check if the cables were working.

Also made sure that the date and region of the system is correct.

Attachments

• Snipaste_2023-06-27_21-49-17.png
    Snipaste_2023-06-27_21-49-17.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Snipaste_2023-06-27_21-50-34.png
    Snipaste_2023-06-27_21-50-34.png
    61 KB · Views: 208
  • Snipaste_2023-06-27_21-50-57.png
    Snipaste_2023-06-27_21-50-57.png
    232 KB · Views: 215

VenomX

Cadet
Worked, added Secondary and Tertiary DNS on top of my Primary PiHole DNS

Thanks

GingF

Cadet
Just installed the latest stable version of TrueNAS Scale on new and shiny hardware and this was the only thins that bugged me. For some reason it didn't want to update the official apps list.

Want to share my solution, maybe it will help someone. So I was getting the same error message, the strange thing was, that in tasks log time stamp had wrong date and time, even though in general settings everything was ok. I checked the timedatectl and it was all wrong. So I performed the following steps (similar steps from this thread
):

1. I set the bios clock on mainboard to my local time/date
2. Stopped NTP service - systemctl stop ntp
3. Started sync manually - ntpd -qg
4. Started NTP service systemctl start ntp
5. Checked the time with timedatectl again and was correct, time stamps in logs were correct as well

After that I checked Available Apps Tab and it loaded with no problems
Made an account just to comment that this worked for me as well. Thank You!

rtX

Cadet
Thanks to suggestions above. I had the same issue. All I had to do was enter the BIOS and correct the BIOS date and time and allow normal TrueNAS Scale to boot. The App catalogue then became available.

Is it possible for the OS to update the BIOS date automatically during the boot process based upon data from an NTP server to make sure this and other system time-related issues do not arise?

DenimRoX

Cadet
Thanks to suggestions above. I had the same issue. All I had to do was enter the BIOS and correct the BIOS date and time and allow normal TrueNAS Scale to boot. The App catalogue then became available.

Is it possible for the OS to update the BIOS date automatically during the boot process based upon data from an NTP server to make sure this and other system time-related issues do not arise?
This solution work for me!

embain14

Cadet
I know this thread is a little older but I figured I should just share what I learned. I was running into the same error message and once I removed the IPv6 gateway (mine had a mac address in there for some reason) from the global configuration everything started working great