Failed to download plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric

Contributor
It only work on previous version Transmission 2.77_.1, but not 2.82.

Thanks.

Ashwints

Cadet
Hello all,

I am new to the forum, but I've been reading extensively over the past few months to get ready for my build. It will be used at my home to backup files, hold backup images of my computers, and (very importantly) run Plex Media Server. I just put it together this week, but now I am having some troubles with Plugins. For reference, my build consists of:

Supermicro X10SEA-O LGA 1150 Motherboard
Intel Pentium G3420 3.2 GHz
16 GB (2x8GB) Kingston ValueRAM 1333 MHz DDR3 PC3-10666 ECC
16GB USB 2.0 SanDisk Cruzer Fit (boot flash stick)
6x3TB WD Red drives (in RaidZ2)

I installed the latest download of FreeNAS (FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64) using dd to create the bootable USB. Then I created my volume, a dataset to hold my media, set the permissions to allow guest login, created a CIFS share with the Media dataset, then went to install the Plex Media Server plug in. I made several different attempts with slight differences in my procedure, but the latest (described above) ended up with this:

May 16 20:16:40 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.1
May 16 20:16:41 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.2
May 16 20:16:47 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.1
May 16 20:16:48 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.2
May 16 20:17:13 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to download plugin]

May 16 20:17:59 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'Prometheus/.system'
May 16 20:17:59 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'Prometheus/.system/samba4'
May 16 20:17:59 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'Prometheus/.system/syslog'
May 16 20:17:59 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H 'Prometheus/.system/cores'
May 16 20:17:59 freenas create_system_datasets.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/sysctl kern.corefile='/mnt/Prometheus/.system/cores/%N.core'
May 16 20:18:15 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.1
May 16 20:18:16 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.2
May 16 20:18:21 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.1
May 16 20:18:22 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.2

May 16 20:18:53 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to download plugin]

All I get is "Error: Failed to download plugin". I've reinstalled FreeNAS a few times, trying different things like first creating a dataset for the jails and configuring it as the root for jails, not doing that (it seems FreeNAS will automatically make a dataset for the jails if you haven't already assigned one). I tried installing other plugins first, and sometimes I was able to do so (I got CouchPotato to install once), but then I still couldn't download the Plex Media Server plugin. I also tried installing the Transmission plugin, but that couldn't download either.

I'm hoping there is something simple that I am missing, because I really need this to work! I appreciate any help that you guys can provide, hopefully sooner rather than later.

TL;DR, on a fresh install of FreeNAS 9.2.1.5, trying to install the plexmediaserver plugin results in "Error: Failed to download plugin" error popping up at the top of the GUI.

Ashwints

Cadet
I had the same problem, what I did was I manually downloaded the plugins from(this is for 64 bit freenas) http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/
I tried to upload transmission 2.82 but it still failed.
What I did was download the slightly older version of transmission which is "transmission 2.77" and it works fine.

Just follow the steps on the manual to manually download the plugins. It's very simple.

Once you have your plugin manually downloaded, just "upload" it to you server.

Hope this helps, took me about 10 hours to figure it out as I just installed freenas.

Metalcraft

Dabbler
Only 10 hours.o_O. Now my other issue with transmission is seems it doesn't stop when the download is done when using it with couchpotato. Going to have to take a look on how to do this since it totally bottleneck my upload speed when they finish downloading. I could set a limit to the upload but I prefer to pause and clear the torrent after it finishes.

ndboost

Explorer
just chiming in to say i have the same exact problem.

John Richardson

Explorer
Hey all,

So thanks for posting on the manual installs - that worked for me as well. Just a quick question, what do I change in the transmission settings to make the downloaded files show up on the CIFS Share folder (it's downloading the torrents to the jails storage and I don't know how to then access that data).

Thanks!

John

Ashwints

Cadet
Hey all,

So thanks for posting on the manual installs - that worked for me as well. Just a quick question, what do I change in the transmission settings to make the downloaded files show up on the CIFS Share folder (it's downloading the torrents to the jails storage and I don't know how to then access that data).

Thanks!

John

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkRZr7flz3w

I followed this guys instructions, he's quite clear, just follow his steps initially and you should be able to mess around with the settings once you've spent a few more hours on the GUI

porych

Cadet
The same issue. Transmission plugin failed to download. Freenas trying to download something (i see it in my router monitor) but after 10-12 Mb it stops and fails. Maybe plugin's PBI in repository is broken?

Low Chee Beng

Dabbler
I would like to ask a stupid question, do we need one pluginjail type jail for each plugin installed or just one jail for as many plugins as we like ?

ie one to one or one to many?

stephenreda

Dabbler
So I also got the same issue with transmission as someone here mentioned. Auto plugin install did not work, so didn't the latest .pbi when doing it manualy.
The 2.77_1 works just fine

madik

Explorer
Bit off topic but has anyone tried to update the Transmission 2.77 to 2.82 by the UPDATE button on the installed plugins page? I dont want to ruin the working 2.77 transmission :)

D G

Explorer
Bit off topic but has anyone tried to update the Transmission 2.77 to 2.82 by the UPDATE button on the installed plugins page? I dont want to ruin the working 2.77 transmission :)

I tried it yesterday and if you try to update it just fails to download, same as trying to install it originally.

Ashwints

Cadet
DO NOT UPDATE it! I tried it, did not work for me, just use the older version(s) of transmission. I don't really think that 1 update behind is going to really affect transmission.
Just install the plugins manually, it ALWAYS works and also it's much FASTER.
Got my freenas fully configured, took a couple days, but yea, everything's working smooth, now i just have to figure out how to be able to enable remote access to my box.

ghackett

Cadet
Just upgraded FreeNas from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.1.5, and now when I try to Update my plex plugin from the gui i get this same error. Installing the pbi manually actually creates a new jail + plugin instance, so that solution doesn't work for me. Is there a way to manually upgrade a PBI that was installed via the gui?

Ashwints

Cadet
When I tried upgrading it a few days ago, it didn't work. Just download it from http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/ (64 bit os)
Once you've downloaded it, just upload it, it will automatically create the jail. I'd recommend installing all PBIs manually. If the latest version of any plugin causes an installation problem, I'd recommend just using the version before the latest revision. Hope it helps.

Benny Mac

Dabbler
I'm not really adding anything to the discussion, apart from to say plexmediaserver also doesn't install for me. It fails at the end of the first download (1 of 4) and puts a popup error dialog at the top of the screen.

What I'd like to know is how the other posters here have got what looks like a log file of the install. Is that a command from the gui, or is there a file in a specific directory that shows install progress?

Ashwints

Cadet
I'm not really adding anything to the discussion, apart from to say plexmediaserver also doesn't install for me. It fails at the end of the first download (1 of 4) and puts a popup error dialog at the top of the screen.

What I'd like to know is how the other posters here have got what looks like a log file of the install. Is that a command from the gui, or is there a file in a specific directory that shows install progress?

1. Go to the manual download link, download plex from ---> http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/
Download the older version ---> http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/plexmediaserver-0.9.9.5.411_1-amd64.pbi

2. See the "Upload" where I've highlighted, locate the downloaded file, and just upload it.
It will automatically configure the jails and what not.

freenas.png

Status
Not open for further replies.