Plugins and jails broken after update and upgrading pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmck26

Dabbler
Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. That's mainly because I haven't had any problems with my box that I haven't been able to figure out myself in quite awhile, until today. I updated to the latest 9.10 build and I got a warning message to upgrade the pools, which I did. I then noticed that all my plugins where off. They gave me the "some error occurred" message when I tried to start them. So I checked to see if the jails where running, which they where. I tried to ssh into them from the gui and from bitvise but I got nothing. I tried reverting to a previous boot environment but that didn't work. I decided to just rebuild everything since it seemed to only be a problem with the jails which are on a separate ssd. So I delete all my plugins and jails, detached the volume, and remade it. I rebooted after doing all this just incase and I got the below text in the console footer:

Code:
Feb 11 15:41:07 freenas smbd: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect() failed path:/var/run/mdnsd Socket:35 Err:-1 Errno:2 No such file or directory
Feb 11 15:41:21 freenas collectd[3375]: geom_stats_open() failed, returned 16
Feb 11 15:41:21 freenas collectd[3375]: Initialization of plugin `disk' failed with status -1. Plugin will be unloaded.
Feb 11 15:41:21 freenas collectd[3375]: Error: one or more plugin init callbacks failed.
Feb 11 15:41:30 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:255] Failed to generate navtree for app freenasUI.vm: no such table: vm_vm

If I try to install a new plugin I get the following in the console:

Code:
Feb 11 16:16:46 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:07 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:07 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:08 freenas smbd: dnssd_clientstub DNSServiceProcessResult called with DNSServiceRef with no ProcessReply function
Feb 11 16:17:09 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:255] Failed to generate navtree for app freenasUI.vm: no such table: vm_vm
Feb 11 16:17:18 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:28 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:30 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:31 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:33 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:255] Failed to generate navtree for app freenasUI.vm: no such table: vm_vm
Feb 11 16:17:35 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:39 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:41 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint,name
Feb 11 16:17:42 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:255] Failed to generate navtree for app freenasUI.vm: no such table: vm_vm
Feb 11 16:20:12 freenas uwsgi: [common.pipesubr:66] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 10.0.0.101

I would appreciate any help with this. I not running many plugins. Basically plex, subsonic, transmission. and couple custom jails that can be rebuilt easily. But several friends and family members, as well as myself, use the subsonic server quite often so I would like to get it back up and running as soon as possible. My hardware specs are in my signature.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I rolled back to a previous boot environment and tried to update again. I have a critical system alert saying updated failed. I checked the update.failed file and got the following output.
Code:
There is no South database module 'south.db.sqlite3' for your database. Please either choose a supported database, check for SOUTH_DATABASE_ADAPTER settings, or remove South from INSTALLED_APPS.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hardware specs and previous freenas version and current freenas version?

Plugins usually break because people change the permissions on the jail root. What error message do you get when trying to start a service?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pinoyians

Cadet
Working perfectly before yesterdays 13/02/2017 nightly update.
No Jails configured.
Wanna try and update ? :)

update: The latest update has fixed the issue 14/02/2017 est

yeepee no more critical errors.

Last edited:

Bmck26

Dabbler
I gave up on getting this corrected. I decided to go to 10 beta 2 since the full release will be here sooner rather than later and I would would have to change all my plugins over to docker containers anyway. I installed on a separate usb drive instead of wiping out the old 9.10 build. I imported all my volumes successfully and had the 3 plugins I use the most running in containers in no time. There was a little bit of a learning curve since I've only seen docker used in demos and haven't used it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.