SOLVED Experience with the Grafana / InfluxDB plugin?

NumberSix

Contributor
HI
I have installed the Grafana plugin (version 6.7.4) with Influxdb, as currently on offer in the plugins section of TrueNAS. Witht he help of the "Post Install Notes" I was able to start Grafana and connect to a Influx successfully, getting the coveted green 'success' bar in Grafana. I thought I'd go straight for 'cucas's popular ready made template (here https://github.com/cucac/truenas-influxdb-grafana) which, upon running, was unable to find any data, despite apparently being connected to a datasource. I've had some preliminary look into Influxdb and there 'seems' to be no database configured and so no data sources available in Grafana (I looked at the source/setup of some of cucac's panel template and sure enough there were no dropdown at all for any of the configuration areas. I wondered whether the plugin even provides a configured database?

Rather than bash my head on this for a few weeks, I noticed a few people on this forum do seem to have set it up, so I wondered if others have been down this road and know what needs to be done? I know there are many CLI guru's here, but not being one of them, I wondered if there's a relatively pain free cli-lite way of getting the plugin to work?

Thanks for your thoughts!

NumberSix

Contributor
Yes I saw that, which is partly why I described myself as not a CLI guru - unlike him. Also that poster notes he is willfully doing it without using the plugin - opposite to route I've chosen to go (or could dream of going at this stage in my learning curve! ) in starting with the plugin.

So - I'm hoping someone who got the plugin to work can share some of the required secret runes with me!

NumberSix

Contributor