Grafana-influx plugin/ TrueNas 12

Jayrel

Dabbler
I've been looking for some type of documentation on internal setup of the Grafana/Influxdb in order to access the influxdb config file. Inside the config file I can enable the graphite plugin to have TrueNas reporting feed stats to influx. Does anyone know the command line inside the plugin shell to access the config?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The conf for grafana and influx are in /usr/local/etc

You can use ee to edit them, so ee /usr/local/etc/influxd.conf or ee /usr/local/etc/grafana.conf

Thanks, but what to change there? How do I add InfluxDB as a data source or what do I need to setup before the plugin truly works? I tried localhost:8088 with the user/pass in the "post install notes" but it wont connect "Network Error: Bad Gateway(502)"

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
ocalhost:8088
Where did you try that from? usually I would expect you to do that from a web browser, so not on in the plugin jail, which would mean that localhost isn't the right address.

1604497265224.png

Yes in the Grafana web UI. The TrueNAS plugin comes with both Grafana and InfluxDB, but they are not connected by default. (There are no datasets set in Grafana). I assumed since InfluxDB and Grafana were on the same iocage (plugin), localhost would be the right choice

sretalla