SOLVED Error: No space left on device

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should be able to edit those setting in the GUI
That's what I thought too, but I'm just not seeing the option to do that. I could be looking in the wrong spot, but I can click the "Wrench" button to get to the options of Backups, ESXI-VMStorage, and HyperVMs. Just not the others...

Attachments

• FreeNAS Volumes3.PNG
    FreeNAS Volumes3.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 370

joeschmuck

Old Man
Glad to see the command identified the problem for you and as I thought, snapshots were your issue. I don't use snapshots myself, don't have a need for them.

To explain the output a bit more look at this reference. There is a lot of data out on the internet, just don't limit your search to FreeBSD, after all our ZFS is following in the footsteps of the Oracle product.

Thank you @joeschmuck for all of your help! At this point I have some space back, and I know where to look to get the "real" space reporting.
I am still confused as to how the numbers all add up and what they mean. I will continue to research this and hopefully get it straightened out in my head.

I'll be leaving snapshots off as well...

Thanks again to everybody that helped me through this issue!

joeschmuck

Old Man
I am still confused as to how the numbers all add up and what they mean
You, me, and I'm sure a lot of other people have this problem. I'd need to do a lot of reading and testing to fully understand all the numbers.

Stux

MVP
Thank you @joeschmuck for all of your help! At this point I have some space back, and I know where to look to get the "real" space reporting.
I am still confused as to how the numbers all add up and what they mean. I will continue to research this and hopefully get it straightened out in my head.

I'll be leaving snapshots off as well...

Thanks again to everybody that helped me through this issue!

I wouldn't advise that myself. Just make sure you have a realistic expiry set on the snapshot process, or snapshot things at a finer granularity.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I wouldn't advise that myself. Just make sure you have a realistic expiry set on the snapshot process, or snapshot things at a finer granularity.
I agree, if you have a need for snapshots then just set them up better.

Status
Not open for further replies.