SOLVED Error Message Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Received the following error in my daily report. Any guidance on what it means?

SMP: AP CPU #2 Launched!
Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 1596079058 Hz quality 1000
vboxdrv: fAsync=0 offMin=0x2f2 offMax=0xe67
pid 1371 (syslog-ng), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I've also had...

SMP: AP CPU #3 Launched!
Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 1596078948 Hz quality 1000
vboxdrv: fAsync=0 offMin=0x1d7 offMax=0xf23
Local NSM refuses to monitor CLIENT

FYI, I am running the default 9.10-STABLE because my system would not boot with 9.10.2-U3 due to a regression with the BSD version. I have to wait until FreeNAS 11 with BSD 11 before I'll run any updates. Leaving it at this version for now or I get hung at the kernel message when booting. So... no updates applied. Just wondering what these messages are?

Thanks,
Steven

joeschmuck

Old Man
The general concensus is you can ignore these messages.

This message is the only real alarm type message but if the GUI works then you are fine. Many of us see these messages.
pid 1371 (syslog-ng), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
BTW, a google search would have shown you the same answer I provided.

Thank you, sir...

Yeah, I've been googling things to death, but being new to this, I wasn't even sure if I was googling the right thing. In fact, I searched the "SMP: AP CPU #3 Launched!" part but got very little that was useful to me. I'm four days into BSD and FreeNAS and have managed to set up the beast, get shares going, etc... Coming along nicely thanks to having this forums handy reference. I've still got a lot to be confused about, but I appreciate the help.

I'm sure I'll be around asking simplistic questions for quite some time... ;-)

Thanks,
Steven

joeschmuck

Old Man
That's okay, I could have been kinder about how I said it too, I'm finishing up a long day and I think I need a Snickers bar.

The only message I thought would warrant looking up was the one I quoted earlier. When I did the google search I dropped the "pid 1371" because this is just the program number and is not consistent, but the rest of the data should be consistent. These are just things you learn over time.

Good luck.

That's okay, I could have been kinder about how I said it too, I'm finishing up a long day and I think I need a Snickers bar.

The only message I thought would warrant looking up was the one I quoted earlier. When I did the google search I dropped the "pid 1371" because this is just the program number and is not consistent, but the rest of the data should be consistent. These are just things you learn over time.

Good luck.

You're not yourself when you're hungry? I'll try not to envision what I imagine as a crotchety old dude named joeschmuck in a Marilyn Monroe dress. LOL

Have a great day...

joeschmuck

Old Man
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.