SOLVED Error getting available space

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilton8r

Dabbler
FreeNAS 9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5)

Planned power outage in my neighborhood, so I shutdown the nas from the gui. The nas was unplugged, so nothing to be concerned with as far as power spikes etc... I brought it back up and everything seemed ok. I noticed a Critical alert flashing in the upper right hand corner stating The volume (ZFS) state is UNKNOWN:.

I ran zpool status -v, and it's not seeing any of my disks.

[root@NAS ~]# zpool status -v
pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h12m with 0 errors on Fri Jan 13 03:57:14 2017
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
freenas-boot ONLINE 0 0 0
da0p2 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors
I've been researching, and found a post where somebody solved the same issue by detaching the volume, rebooting, and reattaching the volume.

Am I ok to do this without losging any data if I uncheck both checkboxes for the following 2 options?
Mark the disks as new (destroy data):
Also delete the share's configuration:

Anything else I should do? I appreciate any help, as this really has me nervous. Thanks,

John

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What does zpool import say?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hardware specs and freenas version?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

gpsguy

Since the thread is now marked as "solved", please let us know how you fixed the issue.

Someone else might run into the issue and find this thread, after searching the forums. Knowing what fixed the issue for you, might help them.

anthony klimek

Dabbler
bump. Experiencing the same problem. my "zpool import" State came back as univail. let me know what I can do.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
bump. Experiencing the same problem. my "zpool import" State came back as univail. let me know what I can do.
Start your own thread and provide the required information (from the forum rules you accepted when you signed up...). zpool status, camcontrol devlist, hardware, FreeNAS version, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.