Error 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerh

Guru
Does that mean after configuration I just unplug the IPMI and plug it into the other GLAN?
Just leave them both plugged in. I.E. one of the operating system LAN ports and the IPMI port. They will have different addresses and you can continue to use the appropriate one for what you want to do.

Ahjohng

Dabbler
Just leave them both plugged in. I.E. one of the operating system LAN ports and the IPMI port. They will have different addresses and you can continue to use the appropriate one for what you want to do.

I have 2 GLANs plus this IPMI LAN on my motherboard. Does that mean I keep all three ports plugged in even if there are only 2 MAC addresses among these 3 LAN ports (2 GLANs plus IPMI LAN)?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I have 2 GLANs plus this IPMI LAN on my motherboard. Does that mean I keep all three ports plugged in even if there are only 2 MAC addresses among these 3 LAN ports (2 GLANs plus IPMI LAN)?

EVERY network device has a MAC address.

As we have already said, you only plug ONE LAN port into your switch and the ipmi

rogerh

Guru
EVERY network device has a MAC address.

As we have already said, you only plug ONE LAN port into your switch and the ipmi
And that is nothing to do with lack of MAC addresses. It is because having two NICs on the same host connected to the same subnet will do nothing useful but will cause serious networking problems. For this purpose, IPMI is not the same host, its another computer.

BigB

Explorer
Got the new memory stick 16GB Sandisk USB 2.0 and swapped it out on the motherboard USB A connector. I turned the Freenas server on from the IPMI and booted into the virtual DVD from the Freenas 9.3 ISO file. I'm now running 9.3. Thanks for the help everyone and for giving me enough info about the IPMI to learn about and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.