SOLVED Downgrade from 11.2 'STABLE'

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyman

Cadet
Hi guys -
I'm trying to work out how to downgrade the pool that was mistakenly upgraded after misunderstanding the Stable flag.

I was hoping that I would be able to create a ZFS pool that would be compatible with 11.1 and zfs send to it (if that makes sense)
Is that possible, or am I stuck on a slightly fragile branch?
I upgraded the pool after thinking that was why my VMs and Jails were no longer working, so now I'm a bit stuck.
I could rsync to a new empty drive then copy back, but I'm hoping there's a slightly more elegant solution.
Cheers

chrisada

Explorer
Unless there are specific problems you are facing with 11.2, maybe it's easier to sit it out?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

scottyman

Cadet
If it's not too taxing, I'm keen to downgrade - but do accept that you are right.
I'm a bit worried that I'm going to be stuck on a stalled branch, especially if my existing jails are inaccessible.

danb35

Hall of Famer

scottyman

Cadet
Thanks Danb35 - I tried downgrading a little while back, but couldn't see any pool to import. I'll try again and see how it goes.
Cheers

scottyman

Cadet
Thanks both - it took about 15 minutes to complete the first boot up - the default gateway had somehow been lost, but once I re-added that - all hunky dory.
I had no idea I could safely go back - and now I've got everything working again nicely!
Thank you both so much.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.