Downgrade from Corral 10.0.4 to 9.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcwa19197

Dabbler
Hi,

i want to do a downgrade from Corral 10.0.4 to 9.10.2-U2.

i did not create any new user, i just modified dataset permissions and created a few new shares.

I also deleted my docker container and my docker vm.
But i have two important VMs running in Corral. (One Windows Server 2016, one Debian 8.6.).

My dataset is encrypted and upgraded via zfs upgrade.

I read https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/migrating-from-freenas-corral-to-freenas-9-0.33/

So, do i understand right, that the vms will still boot automatically, but i can only manage them via the bhvye-cli?
Are all Shares migrated from Corral to 9.10.2-U2?

Thanks & Cheers
Marco

Marcwa19197

Dabbler
Okay, i tried it.

Volume is mounted automatically, works fine!

Only "Warning" i get is:
Code:
April 20, 2017, 3:34 p.m. - Firmware version 17 does not match driver version 21 for /dev/mps0. Please flash controller to P21 IT firmware.

Im Using Raid Controller LSI M1015 with latest IT-Mode flashed.

How can i recreate my VMs with bhvyectl?
Can i replace a disk in my pool now? Or wil there be errors, because the zfs pool is upgraded?

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Start by installing the correct firmware version. You should have done this in the first place. Firmware v20.0.07 is the latest I think.

You need to test this stuff in a vm before doing it for real. Encryption might change things and make it complicated.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marcwa19197

Dabbler
Start by installing the correct forward version.
What do you mean exactly? The Raid Version? Yes, it is the latest available. I think it is too new for the old freebsd version.

You need to test this stuff in a vm before doing it for real. Encryption might change things and make it complicated.
Volume is mounting without problems, only the new added share-configuration is lost. I'm trying to replace a disk now, its still in resilvering process, so i think the hardest point is reached. After that i will re-key the pool and than i should be good to go.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What do you mean exactly? The Raid Version? Yes, it is the latest available. I think it is too new for the old freebsd version.

Volume is mounting without problems, only the new added share-configuration is lost. I'm trying to replace a disk now, its still in resilvering process, so i think the hardest point is reached. After that i will re-key the pool and than i should be good to go.
That would says you have version 17 of the firmware installed. With freenas you need version 20 of the firmware. Upgrade your firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Marcwa19197

Dabbler
Okay, resilver is complete.
But if i boot to Corral again, i cannot unlock the encrypted volume. It says that it cant find the disk i replaced in 9.10.2-U2.
Any ideas?

Marcwa19197

Dabbler
Is there any way to detach the volume and mark is as "new", without losing the data, so corral can simple handle it as a new volume, I enter the passphrase and I'm good to go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why do you care about Corral if you're migrating to 9.10?

Marcwa19197

Dabbler
Why do you care about Corral if you're migrating to 9.10?
i just need some files from one of my vms.. :D

but youre right, it is not important if it does not work easily.

Thanks for all the help! btw. i upgraded my raid controller to v20.0

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
VMs work in FreeNAS 11, so just wait until May first, if possible.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, you'll have to reconfigure them.

Status
Not open for further replies.