Solaris migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillCardiff

Explorer
Ok. I know I can't just import a pool from Solaris 11.1 due to zpool and zfs versions not being able to downgrade.
HOWEVER. Can I break up my Solaris pool by creating a second pool in the free space forcing it to use a lower revision (?) then create zfs drives, er, directories, again using a forced versioning.

Then, slowly but surely, I could downgrade all of my pool so that it is all down a revision or two and able to safely import into FreeNAS ??

I am using Solaris, pretty much due to trying to salvage a damaged filesystem from messing with MacZFS, and then finding myself stuck as I had to recreate, and hadn't realized there is no such thing as a downgrade.

A quick check shows I'm using zpool version 34 and zfs versions 5 and 6 (half and half for some reason).

BillCardiff

Explorer
Nevermind. Zpool version 34 can not be imported by FreeNAS, according to a few links from Google. The sad part is that I have the pool across 4 by 3Tb drives... This means I would have to set up enough space to be able to copy the actual files across, then reconfigure my current machine, re-setup the drives under FreeNAS, then copy the files themselves back. Ugh. This sounds ridiculously painful.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It is painful... it's also the result of Oracle being a biznatch with ZFS. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.