disk pool throwing alert

georgelza

Patron
I"ve noticed that I executed the below, without giving it a name, as such, how do I attach to it ?
tmux list-sessions
/usr/sbin/zfs send -R tank/media@media | zfs recv -Fv bunker/media: 1 windows (created Mon Aug 7 20:38:06 2023)

G

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If there's only one session running, you can just tmux attach

If there are many, you indeed need to know the name (or ID) of the session (I think you can see that as "1" in the list above).

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If that is still running, I wouldn't be messing with rsync on the same structure.

georgelza

Patron
had a curious problem during the night.
so we have Tank\media, it was using (6TB) 90% on tank of 7.1...
so we had bunker that had bunker\TimeMachine/2Tib and bunker\home that was 485GB on 7.1
we now resized bunker to 14Tib. My math told me had enough space for tank\media
we resync'd... tank\media to bunker\media which seems to end incomplete, so we did a rsync, update missing, which now suddenly occupying 12Tib, filling bunker 100%.

I repointed my shares back to tank\ ... going to delete bunker\media and then ???

G

georgelza

Patron
think I can probably improve on this badblock check... speed...
it's just under 24hours and still busy, and zero errors on this drive so far, this is also not one of the drives that previously threw errors.
command used:

tmux new-session -d -s badblocks '/usr/sbin/badblocks -c 1024 -e 64 -p 1 -svw -o /root/badblocks/sda.out /dev/sda'

G

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 07.54.43.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 07.54.43.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 49

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
think I can probably improve on this badblock check... speed...
No, you probably can't.

Blocks are written to the disk at the speed they can be written. As mentioned already in the thread, optimization can be done to match block sizes, but that's it (and you already did it... unless you selected the wrong number for those drives).

we resync'd... tank\media to bunker\media which seems to end incomplete,
I'd be looking at why that failed first rather than just trying to fix it with rsync.

Are you doing recursive zfs send? maybe the child datasets are what's missing.

georgelza

Patron
The original command executed was... - this completed, but then we said lets check and we found missing files, this was then followed by the 2nd command.

1st: tmux new-session -d -s zfscopy '/usr/sbin/zfs send -R tank/media@media | zfs recv -Fv bunker/media'
remember the 1st command was done with no "media" dataset defined on "bunker"
the command created "media"

2nd: tmux new-session -d -s rsync 'rsync -auv /mnt/tank/media /mnt/bunker/media'

for now my idea is to delete "media" from "bunker" and then restart... as "media" has now filled up "bunker" as it's occupying 12Tib atm.

G

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

georgelza

Patron
I don't
Was that snapshot recursive?
know, don't know ifs copy, that was the command I executed as per your suggestion.

the snapshot was created via:

/usr/sbin/zfs snapshot -r tank/media@media

and then the original copy was done as:
tmux new-session -d -s zfscopy '/usr/sbin/zfs send -R tank/media@media | zfs recv -Fv bunker/media'

G

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
/usr/sbin/zfs snapshot -r tank/media@media
the -r is "recursive", so it's fine.

tmux new-session -d -s zfscopy '/usr/sbin/zfs send -R tank/media@media | zfs recv -Fv bunker/media'
I would change that this time so you can see progress:

tmux new-session -d -s zfscopy '/usr/sbin/zfs send -R tank/media@media | pv | zfs recv -Fv bunker/media'

georgelza

Patron
ok. deleting current dataset from bunker and recreating using above command.

thanks

G

georgelza

Patron
I've delete the media dataset from "bunker" but there still seems to be space occupied ?

G

sretalla