Dell Power Edge R620 Life Cycle controller question

Smokie

Explorer
Hi Everyone,

I have successfully installed Truenas Scale on my server and everything is working as expected. I have however noticed one thing when booting up. I get this notification that the lifecycle controller is disabled and I have to press F1 to carry on booting to truenas.
So if I ever have to reboot the server I need to connect the monitor and keyboard back up to press F1.

Has anyone running a similar server had this issue? Can I just enable the lifecycle controller or will this cause an issue??

Thanks in advance.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

Smokie

Explorer

rvassar

Guru
The lifecycle controller is a portion of the iDRAC / IPMI management system. It implements items like part replacement, matches firmware versions when parts are swapped, etc... So be aware, turning it on may result in unwanted changes. You should be able to go in to the BIOS configuration and change one of the boot options to get it to continue on exception without the LC enabled.

Smokie

Explorer
The lifecycle controller is a portion of the iDRAC / IPMI management system. It implements items like part replacement, matches firmware versions when parts are swapped, etc... So be aware, turning it on may result in unwanted changes. You should be able to go in to the BIOS configuration and change one of the boot options to get it to continue on exception without the LC enabled.
Thanks for the reply. I never got a chance to look at it yet. Ill see what’s in the bios settings.