Delay Active Directory startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotty

Contributor
Does anybody know how to delay FreeNAS from joining the AD upon restart?
My DC is a Windows VM inside VirtualBox, and when the FreeNAS restart, the VM comes online, but it does it a minute or so after FreeNAS tried to join the domain.
Since DC was not fully online, then FreeNAS quit trying to get the DC and wont list users from the AD.

Delaying FreeNAS from joining the domain for a minute or so after reboot would fix the issue.
I can't find where to add a delay for that.

Im running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1
Thanks

Dotty

Contributor
This known bug is slated to be fixed in the next update: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/18958.
Cant move to another version, someone disabled VirtualBox after 9.10.2-U1,, with millions of explanations, but it is not there and I use it.

For now I just want to delay the process until the VM running the DC starts (which happens "after" the freeNAS tries to connect to the Domain)

D

dlavigne

9.10.3 (that next version) is bringing back functionality similar to virtualbox but that actually works reliably :smile:

Dotty

Contributor
9.10.3 (that next version) is bringing back functionality similar to virtualbox but that actually works reliably :)
Will I be able to run Windows and have a VGA console, or some VNC access during boot time?

D

dlavigne

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes. Will have a better idea over the next week or so as we start to document it in time for release.

Status
Not open for further replies.