Unable to find domain controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightNetworks

Explorer
I am trying to add my FreenNAS box to my Active Directory so I can use AD users for CIFS authentication... However after entering in the domain information (see below) I get an error stating that the FreeNAS box is unable to find domain controllers for nightnetwork.net.

Active Directory Settings on FreeNAS:
Domain Name >> nightnetworks.net
Domain Account Name >> FreeNAS (have added the account to the domain admins group)

I ahve confirmed that I can ping the DC (dc01.nightnetworks.com) from the FreeNAS Box and that the FreenNAS box can be pinged from the DC.

Hostname On FreeNAS >> freenas
Domain On FreeNAS >> nightnetworks.net
Defualt Gateway >> 192.168.1.1
Nameserver 1 >> 192.168.1.1 (I have also tired setting the nameserver to the actual AD server as well, but that has not helped either)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

NightNetworks

Explorer
Sorry for the delay...

I ended up changing a couple of things...

- Changed DNS Server on the FreeNAS box to point to the DC (192.168.1.17) instead of the the firewall (192.168.1.1)
- Then I rebooted the FreeNAS

Honestly think that rebooting the FreeNAS box was the biggest thing that helped resolve the issue. I dont think that the DNS changes were actually taking fully without the reboot. Now that I know it was as simple as rebooting it was actually pretty easy to get it configured. Only other issues that I have came across is that it seems after a period of time mapped network drives on PC's/Server's stop working and require that the PC/Server be rebooted. I had not had this issue prior to adding enabling the Active Directory service so I feel that someone how this issue is related, but have been unable to determine that yet. I suspect that updating the FreeNAS to the newest version could help resolve this issue along with a couple of GUI issues that I am having.

Status
Not open for further replies.