Degraded ?

MentalMinion

Dabbler
One of my drives says its degraded. i dont believed there is anything wrong with it. i have just filled it up past 80% by accident. its offline, and gives me the option of export/disconnect.

how do i get my files off it?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
A lot going on there:
i have just filled it up past 80% by accident
That's not an immediate problem and would not cause what you're reporting.
One of my drives says its degraded. i dont believed there is anything wrong with it.
Clearly the system disagrees, and it's the system's opinion that ultimately matters, for better and for worse.
One of my drives says its degraded
its offline, and gives me the option of export/disconnect.
Are we talking about a single disk? If so, this is where you should start praying that you can get your data back.

In any case, we need a lot more specifics of what you're seeing, the forums rules have a few guidelines.

NugentS

MVP
Well posting your hardware setup, as per forum rules, is a good start

Then post the output of "zpool status -v" or possibly "sudo zpool status -v" in code blocks
Then post the output of "zpool import" or possible "sudo zpool import" again in code blocks

MentalMinion

Dabbler
You'll need to explain what i need to do please. i have brain damage. and i need to follow a guidance of some sort.

NugentS

MVP

Then post the output of "zpool status -v" or possibly "sudo zpool status -v" in code blocks
Then post the output of "zpool import" or possible "sudo zpool import" again in code blocks

chuck32

Guru
You've given us close to 0 information about your system, how do you expect meaningful help?

The commands you were provided are meant to be entered in the shell (A SSH session with a proper terminal would be better, but I assume you do not have set that up). On the left side in your truenas GUI click on System settings and then shell. There you can enter the commands.

When trying to copy the output, pay attention to this message
Context menu copy and paste operations are disabled in the Shell. Copy and paste shortcuts for Mac are Command+c and Command+v. For most operating systems, use Ctrl+Insert to copy and Shift+Insert to paste.

Post 5 aside, you should be able to list what hardware you use. Mainboard, CPU, etc.