SOLVED Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD is not working, FreeNAS system turns off after unplugging from the outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explorer
Hi,

Hardware:

Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD UPS
Motherboard: X10SFF-F-O

Problem:
When I unplug my UPS from the electrical outlet, the whole Freenas system turns off.

Tests performed:
Here is what I have configured:
The port is correct since when I plugged in the USB from the UPS, the port ugen0.5 message showed up in my console messages.
XnWIQ1h.png

when I entered:
~% upsc ups@localhost in the shell, I got this:
zminhku.png

It seems though everything is working, that is the connection between the Freenas system and my UPS.

Any pointers as to how I would be able to fix this problem?

Thank you for visiting,
Have a great day!

nojohnny101

Wizard
I assume the FreeNAS box shuts off immediately correct? Instant loss of power correct?

The USB connection is somewhat irrelevant though because even if the FreeNAS box wasn't connected to your UPS, it should remain on because the UPS should supply power, interfacing with FreeNAS or not.

I would would test by plugging something else into the UPS like a router and then see if the router immediately loses power when you pull the AC power to the UPS. If so, something is wrong with your UPS (either physical or settings).

Is this a new UPS? I am not familiar with your model but some have ports on the back of the UPS that only provide surge protection and not battery backup. Are you sure you have the FreeNAS box plugged into a battery backup outlet on the UPS and not a "surge only" outlet?

Explorer
I assume the FreeNAS box shuts off immediately correct? Instant loss of power correct?

The USB connection is somewhat irrelevant though because even if the FreeNAS box wasn't connected to your UPS, it should remain on because the UPS should supply power, interfacing with FreeNAS or not.

I would would test by plugging something else into the UPS like a router and then see if the router immediately loses power when you pull the AC power to the UPS. If so, something is wrong with your UPS (either physical or settings).

Is this a new UPS? I am not familiar with your model but some have ports on the back of the UPS that only provide surge protection and not battery backup. Are you sure you have the FreeNAS box plugged into a battery backup outlet on the UPS and not a "surge only" outlet?
Yes instant power loss.
Oh, good point regarding the surge only outlets.
I will also try with other devices if the above fails.

thanks for the great suggestions!

Explorer

You're a genius, I did indeed plug my system into the surge only outlet!
system stays on when I unplug the UPS from powr outlet

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.