Critical error, help solving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tophee

Explorer
Hi Guys,
I've just been upgrading my system to finally to have EEC ram and and then discovered I have a boot drive error.

zpool status -v | more
Gives me:
Code:
---SNIP----

errors: No known data errors																										

pool: freenas-boot																												
 state: ONLINE																													
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data															
	   corruption.  Applications may be affected.																				
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the															
	   entire pool from backup.																									
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A																						
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0 days 00:01:25 with 1 errors on Wed Jun 20 09:44:47 2018											 
config:																															

NAME										  STATE	 READ WRITE CKSUM													
	   freenas-boot								  ONLINE	   0	 0	 1													
		 gptid/cf3f6c4b-74f3-11e5-80ca-c86000c046f4  ONLINE	   0	 0	 2													

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:																

freenas-boot/ROOT/11.1-U5@2018-06-20-09:24:46:/python3.6.core

So, my data appears to be good but I have an error in python3.6.core, and how do I fix this? What other steps should I take to ensure this is the only problem? Would a simple fresh install fix this, or can I get a new copy of python.3.6.core (and if so how?)

Everything appears to be working... (though I'm not doing anything mission critical atm - that's why I upgraded my system to include EEC).

Oh, and I've run a boot scrub, but the error is still there. And I verified my install, and that seems ok too.

Thanks

kdragon75

Wizard
You could pull a copy of the file from the installer and replace it or backuo you config and reinstall.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Save a copy of your current config and reinstall FreeNAS. Once it's re installed restore your config and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.