Crashplan plugin stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

antaine

Cadet
Hello everyone,
I've built a FreeNAS server some months ago and everything went fine until last week, I had crashplan jail backing up my computer and one day the crashplan plugin stopped working, i cannot activate it from the web gui or from the terminal (with service crashplan start commande).
So I'm asking you if there is a way to recover my data storred in the crashplan jail or to "reinstall" crashplan over the actual broken one ?

Thank you :)

fracai

Guru
What data do you want to recover? If you're concerned about having to start over your backup if you reinstall, you shouldn't need to.

Just reinstall the plugin (delete the old one first, there shouldn't be any need to keep it around) and sign in to your Crashplan account. Instead of setting up a new machine though, select to "adopt" an existing backup. Crashplan will start verifying and then continue using your existing backup.

antaine

Cadet
I have somme data to recover from it ... My iTunes library, i have a backup somewhere else but it's only music file ... No playlist or whatsoever.
What do you mean by deleting the plugin, if delete it will wipe the bail no ?

fracai

Guru
When you say there's data to recover, is the data only in the jail? That seems odd. Usually the data would be somewhere else and you'd mount what you want to backup within the jail with "add storage".

Yes, you'd delete the plugin and wipe the jail. You shouldn't have any data that you care about inside the jail. It should be somewhere else on your pool and only mounted in the jail.

antaine

Cadet
Yes the data is in the jail, the jail size is i think just a little less than 250GB.
I've let crashplan handle itself about where the data is storred.
Do you know where saved data are saved by default in the jail and maybe i can copu & paste chmod and reuse them with a new crashplan.

fracai

Guru
Good point. That issue occurred "so long" ago for me that I didn't even think about it as a possible issue.

Yes the data is in the jail, the jail size is i think just a little less than 250GB.
I've let crashplan handle itself about where the data is storred.
Do you know where saved data are saved by default in the jail and maybe i can copu & paste chmod and reuse them with a new crashplan.
Oh, so the data you want to preserve is data that Crashplan has put there because you're backing up to it via peer2peer. Not data that you've placed there for Crashplan to backup to the Crashplan servers. Got it.

I don't know where Crashplan puts these files, but Google should be able to tell you where to look. Are you sure you didn't configure a location for them? And yes, I'd think that if you find this location you should be able to bring it over to the new plugin and resume using them.

antaine

Cadet
I've searched the jail dataset and i have found a folder of 200GB and more and when i open it, it appears to be empty (I have activated the view of hidden file/folder) and also in the command line with ls command ...
I will try the first method and i will get back to you about it
thanks

Slovak

Explorer
You should have a Crashplan jail mounted to storage. Under Jails, go to the respective jail for Crashplan and look under storage. That will show you the path on within your file system.

If that doesn't work, search for files "cpbp", "cpfmf", "cphdf", "cprp", or "cptl". Each back subdirectory has those.

antaine

Cadet
I will try that this weekend when i have more time (holydays finally)
Also i thaught, do you think if i create a new plugin jail with a new crashplan in it, then i locate where it stores data by default and then i mount the old jail into the new and i chose "adopt" a backup as suggested fracai, then i retore my data with the new cashplan. And then i delete the two crashplan jails and create a new one clean with backup in a dataset i created myself ?

nello

Patron
Status
Not open for further replies.