Crashplan plugin stopped working out of the blue 5 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chupa0

Dabbler
Crashplan has been humming along for months without issue then it just stopped 5 days ago. I try to start the plugin from the web GUI but it just goes back to off. Whats the likely cause and how can I resolve this?

Code:
/etc/host.conf: line 2: bad command `hosts'
/etc/host.conf: line 3: bad command `dns'
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected IO Exception constructing selector engine
        at com.code42.nio.SelectorEngine.<init>(SelectorEngine.java:75)
        at com.code42.nio.net.MultiSelectorEngine.<init>(MultiSelectorEngine.jav
        at com.code42.nio.net.Factory.<init>(Factory.java:100)
        at com.code42.messaging.nio.MessageProvider.<init>(MessageProvider.java:
        at com.backup42.service.CPService.initPeerControllers(CPService.java:686
        at com.backup42.service.CPService.start(CPService.java:451)
        at com.backup42.service.CPService.main(CPService.java:1865)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Function not implemented
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.epollCreate(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorProvider.openSelector(Unknown Source)
        at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Unknown Source)
        at com.code42.nio.SelectorEngine.<init>(SelectorEngine.java:73)

... 6 more

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Those lines from the host.conf makes me think that something got corrupted somehow in your jail, or permissions got borked in your jail.

Dainis Berzins

Dabbler
I too have a lack of connectivity. I noticed that my crashplan versions on Pcs and laptops auto-upgraded to v4.2.0. (There is no option to switch auto-update off!) The crashplan plugin is v3.6.3. I don't see any option to upgrade the Crashplan Plugin. After the auto-upgrade, that's when my lack of connectivity started.

When I started with crashplan, the current version was 3.7. Using that version on my Pcs did not allow connectivity, I had to install an older version 3.6.3 that matched the crashplan plugin. Then everything worked.

So I suspect that my issue is that the version of the plugin needs to be updated to v4.2 to restore connectivity.

Does a feature request / bug report need to be created to request the plugin to be updated?

albiurs

Cadet
Follow the instruction of dsfew32 @
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...lation-and-update-problems.30893/#post-200664
to update the plugein to the latest version v4.2. I upgraded the crashplan plugin yesterday, as my service stopped as well, and due to the auto-update, I was not able to connect my to the headless client anymore. However, the plugin service still showes, that it's off, although it's actually running and backs up properly.

Chupa0

Dabbler
Follow the instruction of dsfew32 @
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...lation-and-update-problems.30893/#post-200664
to update the plugein to the latest version v4.2. I upgraded the crashplan plugin yesterday, as my service stopped as well, and due to the auto-update, I was not able to connect my to the headless client anymore. However, the plugin service still showes, that it's off, although it's actually running and backs up properly.

That worked! thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.