CPU Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If it comes to that, there are a couple of options:

Generic LSI SAS 2308 firmware (Say, from the 9207) - no idea if it actually works.
Supermicro's X10SL7-F firmware - again, no idea if it'll work.
IR firmware - probably the safest option, potentially slower. May need the boot ROM to actually work?

Phe0nix

Explorer
Thank You for all the work you did. I went to LSI's site and all i saw was hardware specs. Ready for the board to get here mostly the case. I wish i could find a way to get my SM X10 MicroATX board into the MiniITX case as it seems
as though AsRock doesn't want to be bothered from my own experience and through searches online.

Thanks again mjws00 !! ;)

mjws00

Guru
You'll pretty much end up with the nicest mITX combo possible. Head and shoulders above anything else out there. I wouldn't sweat it for a second.

Phe0nix

Explorer
Yea i'm eager to build it. One i learned of the Q26 i didn't even open that battleship Node 804 box. I had to get the silver Q26 and it was the last one. I am into it for $2,100 so far but i have a SM X10,Node, & Ram ( $445 ) to return .

sremick

Patron
We'll turns out i can remove the BIOS chip and order one with the latest BIOS version for $12

Beat me to it. I was going to tell you the BIOS was socketed and that you could probably get ASRock to send you a V2.0 for free if yours didn't come with it and you needed it for your CPU.

My board came with V2.0 and so I didn't have to worry about it, but I made the same gamble.

Phe0nix

Explorer
How do you like the IPMI interface on your board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.