ASRock E3C224D4I-14S Extended mini ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phe0nix

Explorer
A respected member has posted a comment in another thread and was discussing the AsRock Extended Mini ITX ( think he was referring to : E3C224D4I-14S ) and that it was similar to the SuperMicro X10-SL7-F ( Just received this board ) but shrunk down and that it would fit in the Lian-Li case ( Think he is referring to: Lian-Li PC-Q25 ) just fine.

Through my searches I never came across the Lian-Li case via google nor on the forums here and i love that case and mostly notably it's form factor. I went SuperMicro as it was in the Hardware recommended list but always wanted a smaller case but all the SuperMicro's are MicroATX so i had to get a larger case than i wanted.

About to open all my hardware boxes that just arrived and now i'm having second thoughts. I would like to know if both these configurations would preform ( in terms of heat dispersion,performance & reliability Etc.. ) about the same.

Lian-Li PC-Q25 w/ASRock E3C224D4I-14S Extended mini ITX & Xeon 1200V3 series processors

OR

Fractal Design Node 804 w/ SuperMicro X10-SL7-F & Xeon 1200V3 series processors

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You should check out the Lian-Li PC-Q26.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The Q26 is a pricy (it's Lian-Li, nothing else is to be expected) case that seems tailor-made for the ASRock E3C224D4I-14S.

Last edited:

Phe0nix

Explorer
The Q26 is a pricy (it's Lina-Li, nothing else is to be expected) case that seems tailor-made for the ASRock E3C224D4I-14S.
I would like you get your take on running the ASRock E3C224D4I-14S within the Lina-Li case versus a SuperMicro X10-SL7-F in a Node 804 ( huge case ) . I want my NAS unit to work well with FreeNAS and would love
to have the smallest case possible so long as heat wasn't an issue nor the ASRock E3C224D4I-14S running FreeNAS.

You say the Lina-Li is taylor made for the AsRock board but you stated in another thread that AsRock still has some issues to workout whereas SuperMicro already has.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's hard to say, since the case is very new and the motherboard is a niche-y product (due to it being between sizes).

Phe0nix

Explorer
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.