Could the "Download FreeNAS" link go to a stable release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Pretty much what the thread title says--why does the "Download FreeNAS" link at the top of the page go to a beta version? If we want new users to see how stable the software is, that doesn't seem like a good way to do it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Ah crap, not this again...

danb35

Hall of Famer
"Storage Only Configurations" versus "Storage, Plugins, and Virtualization"
WTF? At least on that page it says BETA for the beta version (as opposed to the link at the top of the forum page, which takes you to the beta and only the beta), but that would suggest that 11.1 had neither plugins nor virtualization, which is of course completely false.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The plugins I understand, but the rest?

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey all. Not sure what happened there. I've updated the link. Remember if you see something like this you'll get a faster response if you ping me!

Best,

- Josh

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The problem is we don't know who exactly to ping on something like this. There doesn't seem to be a clear leadership path on the FreeNAS team or the forum. If this were better established the regular users like myself might be a little more useful in helping solve outlying problems like this.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Oh wow I didn't realize some people didn't know me @Jailer. Well let's fix that right now.

Hi I'm Josh. Two years ago I was asked to become the lead admin for the FreeNAS Forums. I guess you could say that makes me the chief around these parts. I maintain the plugin infrastructure and am responsible for any changes to the underlying HTML, PHP, and CSS code. I'm always advocating behind the scenes trying to make the forum experience better. I even gave a lecture on the FreeNAS Forums community and our relationship with iXsystems about a month ago.

I make it a point to watch my email closely for notifications and make it a point to login daily to check notifications. If there's a problem with anything relating to the forums, any member of the community is welcome to ping @JoshDW19 and I'll pop in and have a look. Another good way to grab my attention is to file a report (if the situation warrants it). I action a large majority of behavior related reports and keep a close eye on any type of reports that come in.

I'd love to see everyone be more involved. If you have ideas on how we can improve things I'd love to hear those ideas too. Hope this helps.

P.S. You can also ping me on things website related for ixsystems.com and freenas.org. :cool:

- Josh

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.