Unable to install latest stable release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preset

Cadet
I can install, using two usb sticks, the Release build as per the the documentation, but whenever I try to install the stable release that's listed on the download page, I get:

The specific version I'm trying to install is: http://download.freenas.org/9.3/STABLE/201505130355/x64/FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505130355.iso

I also tried the 09-May-2015 build and got the same error, but when I install using the build at FreeNAS-9.3-RELEASE.iso, I don't have any issues.

System specs are:
  • ASRock C2750D4I
  • 32 GB ECC Crucial Memory
  • Corsair RM 450
  • Corsair 32 GB USB Stick to install FreeNAS on
  • 8 GB Generic USB Stick that has FreeNAS install iso written to it.
Nothing else is connected to the motherboard other than a 120mm fan and bios settings are all at defaults. I'm installing through IPMI. I've tried other USB sticks and have gotten the same result.

The only thing that I can think of is stable releases are intended to be upgraded from the base release?

D

dlavigne

The only thing that I can think of is stable releases are intended to be upgraded from the base release?

Nope, that's not correct.

Can you verify that you are selecting the correct stick (the 32GB one)? If you're absolutely sure you have the right one, does wiping that stick first make a difference?

Preset

Cadet
Yes, I've confirmed that I selected the correct stick. See video below:

Note: My knowledge of gpart and *nix commands is very basic. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I also tried formatting the stick in an OS X and Windows environment prior to installing and got the same error.

JMAN

Cadet
I am having the same problem as above. Installation failure on da0. I have used GParted to clear previous partitions and format USB. I have tried formatting USB using fat32, ext4, and also just clearing the USB. No luck, same error....

Specs :
Dell Optiplex 755
Core2Duo 2.66 GHz
8 GB ram
32 GB Sandisk USB

D

dlavigne

There was a bug at one point (which I thought had been fixed) where the installer said it failed but the system booted up just fine. If this is not the case, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

S

sef

I am unable to reproduce this. I don't have that specific hardware, however.

Arka

Dabbler
Same issue for me. My Freenas is down because of this: I had an error during the upgrade then I had to do a fresh install. Infortunatly nothing went well...^^

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Same issue for me. My Freenas is down because of this: I had an error during the upgrade then I had to do a fresh install. Infortunatly nothing went well...^^
When an upgrade breaks things just roll back to the previous boot environment. No need to reinstall anymore.

Arka

Dabbler
Issue solved! It came from the USB Stick I was using. I installed FreeNas on another one and everything went good!

Status
Not open for further replies.