Configuration for 'NOT' saving Pictures, Videos, .exe. etc.

tholitz152

Dabbler
Hello guys! If I'm mistaken to post here I'm sorry (I'm not sure if this belong to here).

Question: Is there any configurations for not saving jpg. mp3. mp4. exe. & etc. What I mean is just only file documentations. Thanks in advance!

garm

Wizard
Why are “files” just anything? And why would they be different from jpeg?

l@e

Contributor
I have tried to find a way for that also, since users they do throw everything everywhere.

What you may do instead is run a cron job to delete if any files have those extension. You can do that also on any of the client machines but it has to have permisions over all users folders.

It is not solving if the users become smart and rename files and change extensions.

tholitz152

Dabbler
I have tried to find a way for that also, since users they do throw everything everywhere.

What you may do instead is run a cron job to delete if any files have those extension. You can do that also on any of the client machines but it has to have permisions over all users folders.

It is not solving if the users become smart and rename files and change extensions.

Yeah that's correct sir. They do actually throw everything in every shared folders (they have their permissions). Hope there's an easy config to solve my problem. What I want is files inside specific shared folders can be save only and not .mp3 .jpeg .jpg. .mp4 . etc. and OTHER THAN THAT can be save pictures. I've been searched since last week but I didn't find any solutions.

;Do you have a steps on how to run a 'cron job'? Many thanks sir. (y) (y)

tholitz152

Dabbler
Why are “files” just anything? And why would they be different from jpeg?

I want the users saved only in specific shared folders are 'docs' files. BUT other shared folders can saved pictures or moreover videos (it depends to my config). I hope there's an easy way to config. BTW thank you sir. (y)