Completely wipe/destroy, install new disks in, and reinstall FreeNAS (in a TrueNAS)

Hi guys

I have to upgrade the capacity of a Freenas Mini. The current system has 4x2tb disks (looks like a striped mirror) and these will be replaced with 4x4tb disks. I've already copied the data off so I wasn't even going to try an in-place upgrade/expansion. The goal is to install the new drives, and end up with a fresh install of FreeNAS 11.2U5.

Is there anything special I need to consider when reinstalling this system with the new disks? Any tips or gotchas to look out for? I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything specific on this (maybe I didn't choose the right terms?)

danb35

Hall of Famer
Is there anything special I need to consider when reinstalling this system with the new disks?
Nothing I can think of. You should be able to do the in-place upgrade; it's pretty straightforward, but if you want to just toss the disks, do a fresh install of FreeNAS and use new disks for a pool, there shouldn't be any impediment to doing so.