Community registration is broken in Firefox (at least)

xumix

Dabbler
Hello!
I was trying to register and could not complete registration since the spambot question (why even use it with recaptcha?) required some letter that is different to "A" :)
2020-05-18-_11-26-12-%pn-W2.png

The problem here is with the validator, it actually requires "c" or "C" instead of [aA]
2020-05-18-_11-26-10-%pn-oT.png

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I am not sure of the mechanics of this particular spam control, but I believe that one part of the question would be hidden from people yet seen by software? In any case, it seems that you managed to register after all, not sure how it was a problem as you are the first ever to run into troubles 8and8 report it. Perhaps others, @JoshDW19 in particular may know more about this specific detail. I have helped to adjust various spam controls and scrutinizer mechanisms but did not choose this particular one nor make any changes to it. It could as easily be any sort of trivia question as was used elsewhere once upon a time, that would be my preference, and not to make registering difficult but to make any automation hiccup if there were more than one question (and unique correct answers as well).

xumix

Dabbler
In any case, it seems that you managed to register after all
Yes, I'm a webdev, so looked into the source and found the workaround. It asked for the first letter, but expected the third, or maybe I misread the first/third :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Your screenshot says "th", and I distinctly remember this being C. Trying to register an account:

1589836019995.png

I think you misread.