Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Asigra backup guide?

Kevin2020

Neophyte
While this looks interesting I could not help noticing that "iphone" is not mentioned in the linked manuals. Maybe not such a big surprise, but it would have made my life simpler due to repetitive icloud storage issues for a few work phones, which demands a personalized icloud account. I assume devices include phones since Android is mentioned.

I am surprised by the selection of Asigra, being Java based. With Oracles new'ish license approaches many companies seems to move away from Java, I know that my employer (Daimler) has replaced Java Runtimes based on JWS within its corporate environment with Open Web Start (https://openwebstart.com/) , that effectively affects all the software involved in manufacturing and servicing Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner, Smart and a few more vehicle brands. Personally I don't touch Java at all if I can find something else.
Unfortunately, support for mobile phones and tablets has been discontinued since Asigra v14.0. However, support for other mobile devices such as Windows, Linux and Mac laptops are still available.

Montttiii

Hi, they would be so kind to post an Asigra installation and configuration procedure on TrueNAS.