Asigra backup guide?

Kevin2020

Cadet
While this looks interesting I could not help noticing that "iphone" is not mentioned in the linked manuals. Maybe not such a big surprise, but it would have made my life simpler due to repetitive icloud storage issues for a few work phones, which demands a personalized icloud account. I assume devices include phones since Android is mentioned.

I am surprised by the selection of Asigra, being Java based. With Oracles new'ish license approaches many companies seems to move away from Java, I know that my employer (Daimler) has replaced Java Runtimes based on JWS within its corporate environment with Open Web Start (https://openwebstart.com/) , that effectively affects all the software involved in manufacturing and servicing Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner, Smart and a few more vehicle brands. Personally I don't touch Java at all if I can find something else.
Unfortunately, support for mobile phones and tablets has been discontinued since Asigra v14.0. However, support for other mobile devices such as Windows, Linux and Mac laptops are still available.

Montttiii

Dabbler
Hi, they would be so kind to post an Asigra installation and configuration procedure on TrueNAS.

Josemberg

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I have the plug-in installed, registered on https://licenseportal.asigra.com/licenseportal/user-registration.do and have received the relevant emails.
However now when I click on ''MANAGE'', the page should go to Java DS-Operator but instead, it brings up the Truenas dashboard.
confused - much.

any help would be much appreciated.

I have the same problem, only installs via NAT, generates an IP outside the range of the network, runs Ping correctly, inside the network and out of the network, I change the jail to dhcp takes the network ip but does not ping the outside or on the network. when I use NAT it falls on the truenas screen, shouldn't it have a 172.16.165.10:9494/asigra/DSOP.jnpl port?

Mocoso

Cadet
Sorry if I missed it but I didnt see what path should be used for the mount point. I dont want the backup data in the jail itself...has anyone been able to mount storage and if so to what path within the Asigra jail?

johnnyt

Cadet
Yes, how does one change path for backups? I don't want to use jail storage, which is appears it will go. I've got a special dataset just for backups.

Also is there a need to use management console (like change storage path?) and, if so, what is the user and password? none of the ones I tried, including one for license registration, one for asigra admin, one for Windows machine where I have the mgmt console installed, Freenas accounts (user and root).. did I miss one?

Mocoso

Cadet
Yes, how does one change path for backups? I don't want to use jail storage, which is appears it will go. I've got a special dataset just for backups.

Also is there a need to use management console (like change storage path?) and, if so, what is the user and password? none of the ones I tried, including one for license registration, one for asigra admin, one for Windows machine where I have the mgmt console installed, Freenas accounts (user and root).. did I miss one?

I actually figured it out and posted a "how to" in response to another thread just last night.. here is the link to that thread:
https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/asigra-mountpoint.86347/post-626711

And yes the final step requires the management console... I just open the console from freenas jail "manage" - it will bring up a Java applet.. it is NOT the management console installed in the PC.. (ive yet to play with that one)

Ranko

Cadet
I know this is not the most recent thread, but I'm running into an issue and I hope someone can help me. I've installed Asigra with a static IP (without NAT). I was able to activate and manage it too, but as soon as I download the DS-Operator I run into an issue. When I add the static IP using the "Initialization" page and enable UDP, nothing happens. The IP remains red and I cannot connect to it whatsoever. I am able to ping the IP (otherwise the download wouldn't work either), but a telnet to 4404 (default DS-Operator port) fails. I have tried fiddling around with IP, NAT and securelevel settings (all the way up to -1), I can't get it to connect via DS-Operator. Any idea what I'm missing here?