Cloud Sync RClone Generated Config Files

Xipher

Cadet
I've got a problem and I want to resolve it in a very specific way that I'm sure people will find... silly :)

FreeNAS doesn't seem to use the "--fast-list" option for the cloud sync configs it generates, so, every sync is costing me around $0.30 using B2 block storage (there's a /lot/ of files and directories in every sync) even if I don't change any files, that is "no good".

I really wish there was a way to just say have an "extra arguments" section in the GUI, but I know I won't get that based on prior discussions and bug reports I've read it seems?

I know I can just make a CRON job with my own arguments, but I'm weird, I don't want to do that.

I really have this thing where I want to fix things at the source of the problem to make it work like it should nice and clean, so:

How does FreeNAS generate the configuration files it passes to rclone when a cloud sync job is created and run, I want to change it.

Also the other reason for wanting this change is that jobs get added and removed quite a bit and have to be added and removed by mildly unskilled users, so in changing it at the means of generation I'm just making it easy and foolproof, I have a method to my madness.

Xipher

Cadet
Gotcha! I'd also love to be able to change the amount of checkers/transfers and some stuff like the --delete-before switch...

Where can I modify the means in which the configs are generated?
Figure I'll give this a bump and see if anyone can point me in the right direction on this...

Dreded

Explorer
my solution before 11.3 to the missing arguments was to simply make a cronjob that did the rclone process instead of the GUI... now that 11.3 is here and fast-sync is an option I am using the GUI again... but my cronjob was...

/usr/local/bin/rclone --config /root/WSrclone.conf -v --stats 15s --fast-list --transfers 16 sync /mnt/Basin/Storage/Corporate remote:Helios/Corporate

and inside that WSrclone.conf file....
root@Helios:~ # cat WSrclone.conf
Code:
[remote]
account = jhdkasgfdlKAGFDJ1GR1KJ
key = KHDLKASJGFLK23FKJHSAKFJHSAf32f83291847298dh2
type = b2
bucket = Helios

root@Helios:~ #

DATAstrm

Dabbler
Is there a way to find the configuration files for the rclone operation that the GUI is running? I have my cloud sync all set up and working from the GUI and it would be nice to be able to just copy (and modify) the already-working settings when setting up a cron job.

Alternatively, the above request is still relevant. It would be great if the GUI had a way to enter custom flags to the rclone job. Right now, I'd like to do the --hard-delete option for B2 Backblaze. I know the fast-list option was added, but adding more options is kind of like wackamole. Having a user-defined field for custom options would allow the GUI to do so much more.

dcampitelli

Cadet
I am setting up the GUI to upload to Google Cloud Storage Buckets. Unfortunately, the permissions on those buckets are set to Uniform bucket-level access. This causes an error when the default rclone job attempts to set ACL on the files that are being uploaded. The flag: --gcs-bucket-policy-only can be used to disable the ACL assignment, but I can't seem to find the config file for the GUI job.