Cloud Sync - Backblaze sync not deleting files from destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

David T

Cadet
I just created a cloud sync task for Backblaze to see if I could use it instead of the b2 utility in a jail. It works pretty well, but it doesn't seem to be deleting files from the destination when they are removed from the source in "Sync" transfer mode. Anyone out there doing this successfully?

Looking at the source, if this is a bug, it is likely with rclone but I thought I would reach out here first.

D

dlavigne

Or it could be how FreeNAS is calling rclone. If you make a report at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Which version of FreeNAS is this? The original transfer mode was just like rsync, syncing files to the destination. Newer releases of FreeNAS add a Mode setting which can be set to to Sync to delete files on the destination that no longer exist on the source.

Last edited:
The issue is almost definitely settings in CloudSync then. I’ll have a look at my setup when I have a minute.

It’s just an unfortunate side effect of Synology working with B2 via CloudSync rather than HyperBackup.

That said, if B2 and CloudSync weren’t setup correctly from the start, you may need to either disconnect/reconnect to those bins or (what you’ll probably need to do) go through manually delete the old stuff in B2 because CloudSync doesn’t know that those files should be removed from the B2 bin since it probably sees those files and thinks they pre-dated the CloudSync history and is ignoring them...i suggest to use additional software for file sync like gs richcopy 360/robocopy/synctool..i use gs rich copy 360 which has features like copying long file path names, copying NTFS file permissions and is not too costly..

Status
Not open for further replies.