Cloud sync, jail external storage

sticory

Cadet
Hey everyone, just enabled cloud sync to a new backblaze b2 subscription. I noticed that after a couple days the "bucket" on backblaze was much larger than the parent dataset that it was supposed to backup. I discovered that this is due to my iocage Plex jail's external storage of ~3TB of storage getting pulled into that backup bucket. This bucket should have capped at about 40GB (SSD storage for jails only)

My question:
Is there a way to disable the backup of external data to jails?
I would like to backup that dataset (whole different pool honestly) separately.

sticory

Cadet
Anyone have any ideas? With a 5Mb upload speed 3TB is going to take a whiiiiile, so I'd like to continue it soon

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which version of FreeNAS?

sticory

Cadet
Any thoughts? Anything I can do to help troubleshoot or provide for info?

D

dlavigne

Which Directory/Files have you selected for the task and how does that map to your dataset layout?

sticory

Cadet
/mnt/SSD60G
Which is the root dataset of my SSD that holds all my jails.
That location does not hold any of the data, the jails just have external mount points in my separate Bulk array.

sticory

Cadet
FWIW I can confirm this is the issue, I stopped the plugin/ jail and restarted the sync, in about a day it finished the sync with the correct files.

jonah.aberle

Cadet
I am having this issue also. A 300GB iocage dataset tried to backup 6+TB. Good thing I'm not paying per GB for my backups. I don't have it set to backup symlinks but this still happens.

I'd be there is a way to exclude the filepath of your mounted directories to resolve this issue.

jonah.aberle

Cadet
In the *exclude* field of the cloud sync task, I've added this and it seems to fix this issue.

jails/*/root/mnt/

edit: my sync task has target of iocage dataset. If your task target is some directory above the iocage dataset, the path will need to be prepended beginning from the target directory with no prefix.