FreeNAS 11.1 Can't Create Cloud Sync Task with Backblaze - Bucket missing

Hey y'all, I'm pretty newb to all this, I setup a server with Freenas 11.1 years ago and forgot about it but now I'm trying to get back into it. I wanted to backup the data I have on it to Backblaze B2 but having an issue.

I created a bucket on Backblaze, used the application key to create the credential, but when I try to create the cloud sync task, when I add the credential I get an error "22" and it says "Bucket is required" when I click submit.

I've been googling like crazy and can't figure it out for the life of me. If anyone could help me that'd be really appreciated

image.png

c77dk

Patron
My guess is the bb api has been changed during the years, and no longer supports what FreeNAS 11.1 used to get buckets listed.

If you're lucky you can setup the task on commandline via rclone directly, but when you have a backup of your data, do yourself a favor and upgrade to TrueNAS.

vsubrau

Cadet
Hey - Vinodh, a product marketing manager from Backblaze here. You mentioned you set up the server years ago. Wondering if you are using an old API key.

I would create a new API key, if the one they are using is “years old”. As we add features, those features are only available in newer API keys and sometimes newer buckets.

So I would make sure that both the bucket and api key are recent, even though FreeNAS version is one major version old. Also make sure the API keys are entered correctly, without whitespace before or after the keys. That is a very common problem we see often.

mfarace

Cadet
Hello,

I'm a Solution Engineer at Backblaze and I set up a quick test today, using FreeNAS 11.1 (no update versions applied), and added my B2 account using a recent API key. Then I created a CloudSync Task, specified my B2 account, and clicked the drop-down menu next to Buckets, and all my buckets were displayed without a problem.

As we add features to our buckets, like Server Side Encryption, and Object Lock, you need to use current API keys, as the newer API keys have the permissions needed to access newer features on the buckets. So if you used an old API key with a new bucket, that could have caused the error. Also, when you added the API key to the Cloud Account, did you click the "Validate" button before you clicked Save? If there is any white space around the key, which often happens when doing a copy and paste, this will create an invalid key. Just another thing to watch out for.

I hope this helps!
Mike Farace