Cloud Sync -- configure Backblaze sync task spins

Status
Not open for further replies.

msturtz

Cadet
Hi, I'm trying 11.1-U4, I'd like to set up cloud-sync with Backblaze (cheaper and simpler than S3). I created an account on Backblaze, allowed B2 under settings, and I have an account ID and application key. I also created a bucket.

On FreeNAS I went to System -> Cloud Creds, and plugged in the ID and key. Then I went to Tasks -> Cloud Sync, and added a new cloud sync. I entered a name for the task, direction Push (default), and selected the Backblaze account from the provider pulldown. At this point it spins forever -- I'm guessing it's trying to get a list of buckets, but it's not working. How can I troubleshoot what's going on? /var/log/messages doesn't appear to be useful. I know the OS can ping the world, so it has good DNS, gateway, etc. Not sure what else to check though.

Thank you,

-msturtz

msturtz

Cadet
Anything related in /var/log/middlewared.log?

Thank you for looking. I tail'd the log while attempting to add the cloud sync task, nothing goes into that log. I did set the syslog level to debug last night. The last few lines in that log look like it checked for updates.

I also tail'd the nginx/error.log and messages.

D

dlavigne

It's probably worth reporting as a bug then. If you create a report at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here.

msturtz

Cadet
I don't know any other way to verify that Backblaze is set up correctly -- I can't possibly be the only one doing this though, can I? Meaning, it can't be a new bug?

D

dlavigne

I don't know any other way to verify that Backblaze is set up correctly -- I can't possibly be the only one doing this though, can I? Meaning, it can't be a new bug?

It is a new feature and not everyone who finds a bug reports it :smile:

msturtz

Cadet
Further info (also posted to the bug): This problem only occurs when using MS Edge, it appears to work exactly as intended when using Firefox.

I've done everything else as far as setup using MS Edge (it's the worst browser in the world, except for all the other ones), so it hadn't occurred to me that this could be a browser issue until I tried to pull the debug report, which also didn't work (although at the moment it's just spinning in Firefox as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.