Cloud Sync Dropbox folders have no subfolders

ddrucker

Dabbler
In TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10-RC.1, I am trying to set up a Dropbox cloud sync task. Under "Remote", in the "Folder"section, I click the triangle to expand the / folder, and it shows me all the subfolders. However, none of the subfolders I see there have expansion triangles, so I cannot go any deeper in the hierarchy.

This seems to be a UI bug - this functionality works fine on CORE.
aaa.png

ddrucker

Dabbler
Note that typing in the path by hand does work; this is solely a UI bug.

Dysonco

Dabbler
Same problem still occuring despite the above link saying it has been fixed. I'm running latest version of Scale.

Dysonco

Dabbler
Do any of you guys actually have Dropbox Cloud Sync working? It sounds like you do!

I can't get it to work as it seems to be expecting Long Lived Tokens. I raised this post but no replies sadly: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/does-dropbox-cloud-sync-work.113935/

Would really like to get my Dropbox backed up to my NAS!
Hey,

yes, all working fine my end other than the subfolder thing as per this thread. I initially set it all up on Core and converted to Scale. So haven't setup from scratch in Scale but looks the same.

You firstly need to create Cloud Credentials for Dropbox.

1705340651408.png

All I did was login to Dropbox through the 'log in to providor' button and followed the prompts. It then pulled down oAuth client id etc automatically.

Once thats setup it appears as a dropdown option in Cloud synch tasks.

1705340793896.png

I'll run a test my end to make sure its working under scale.

Attachments

• 1705340606968.png
    1705340606968.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 19

MajorKhanage

Cadet
Okay, thanks for the reply.

When I use press "Log In To Provider" this flow just doesn't work for me for some reason.

When I press the button it pops up with a new small window dialog saying "Only proceed if you are setting up cloud sync on your TrueNAS system at http://truenas.local/ui/credentials/backup-credentials". Press "Proceed" then nothing! It closes and no details are anywhere to be seem, even though you can see in the Dropbox developer section it has added an integration.

(And when I paste all of the details manually from the Dropbox app it works for 4 hours then stops due to being short lived token.)

MajorKhanage

Cadet
Oh man, solved it. It doesn't work in Google Chrome is the problem! (For me at least) Can't believe no-one else has had this issue. Many versions of Chrome over the last few months and none worked. Worked in Edge first time.

Dysonco

Dabbler
Oh man, solved it. It doesn't work in Google Chrome is the problem! (For me at least) Can't believe no-one else has had this issue. Many versions of Chrome over the last few months and none worked. Worked in Edge first time.
Wow, thats weird, I don't think I had any Chrome issues, but was a while ago I initially set it up. Glad you've got it sorted though!