Core to Scale -- Cloud Sync Tasks Fail

mattheja

Dabbler
I had recently upgraded my Core install to Scale. I was using GELI encryption on my root dataset so my idea for the migration was to simply backup this data to cloud via Cloud Sync to OneDrive, then perform a clean install (I was running Core 12.x as a VM in ESXi) bare metal on my server. I do have some of my critical data stored in other backups, but restoring all of my old Core datasets from the Cloud Sync tasks is the most straightforward.

When I try to pull down the backups from OneDrive with Cloud Sync Tasks with the Pull Copy (effectively the reverse of the previous Push Sync) to my new datasets/folders, they complete successfully but with 0Kbps data transferred. I do not see any folders or files created in the source (my SCALE server) from the destination (OneDrive). I tried to look through various log directories for rclone logs, and the Scale Cloud Sync Task UI doesn't show the View Log output like it did in the Core UI.

I may research using rclone natively, but has anybody seen this before? Or is there a compatability issue between different system Cloud Sync Tasks or Core->Scale tasks? Thank you

Edit: Actually, I found the Log UI for Cloud Sync (click the state button). I only see:
Code:
<6>INFO  :
Transferred:                 0 / 0 Byte, -, 0 Byte/s, ETA -
Elapsed time:        12.6s

Last edited:

mattheja

Dabbler
Ok, I believe I got it to work. Why? Not sure, but maybe there is some underlying meta data / config with rclone with how Cloud Sync Tasks work.

I setup a Push Sync tasks, same as I did before with I backed up from the old Core encrypted datasets TO OneDrive. I left this disabled. I then did a Restore from that Push Sync task, which looks to set a Pull Copy, same as my non-working ones. But the only difference is that I created this via Restore from the Push Sync. I ran it, and it started downloading from OneDrive to my new SCALE dataset location(s).