Dropbox cloud sync doesn't remove files & folders

ml826

Cadet
I'm very happy cloud sync was included in 11.2 so I can easily keep a copy of my Dropbox on my home Freenas. After getting my 'cloud credentials' and 'cloud sync' task setup, everything downloaded as expected. I have begun to organize my Dropbox moving files and folders (using another computer that syncs to Dropbox) and have allowed the Freenas to run the cloud sync. Looking at the folders in Freenas, the original files and folders still exist, and a copy has been made in the new location. I expected these files & folders would be removed, what could be wrong?

The cloud sync task is setup in the 'PULL' direction, and the transfer mode is 'SYNC.' The file permissions (after downloading from Dropbox) are root (owner) and wheel (group). The transfer mode seems like the likely culprit, but the help description says the 'SYNC' should be making Freenas identical to the source. Thanks for any suggestions.

ml826

Cadet
No,the description of the 'Transfer Mode - Sync' and 'Direction' does not match what I'm seeing. Files are removed from Dropbox (cloud - my source) and are not removed from my Freenas (local - destination).

D

dlavigne

In that case, please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.