ChecksumFailException During Install

coderider

Cadet
I am trying to install TrueNAS and everything goes along fine until I get this message "%base-os-12.0U8-9eb394e166e48c7e9d49c9f06f1826fc.tgz has invalid checksum". This has happened when trying to install on two different drives. I have ensured that the iso checksum is good before I create my usb boot device.

I am putting this on a supermicro (SUPERSERVER 5017C-LF). My target boot device is a WD250 and there are two 500G storage drives (WD300ABYX). There is 8G of memory in the system (this is not intended to be a high performance system ;) ).

How can I get around this error since it appears to be part of the "TrueNAS-12.0-U8.iso".

Thanks in advance, this system is a test run for using TrueNAS at my church for local backup of some important systems.

coquinone

Dabbler
I'm battling with the same issue on a HP n54l microserver. Switched usb sticks, tried different SSDs, removed all disks etc but getting the exact error as OP during install.

coquinone

Dabbler
I dropped back to 12.0-U7 and that worked for me. Once everything was up and running I then used the web gui to update to 12.0-U8. I had to manipulate the link to U8 to get back to U7 since I could not find the repository on the web site: https://download.freenas.org/12.0/STABLE/U7/x64/TrueNAS-12.0-U7.iso
Thanks for the update. I managed to get things going as well, it was due to a faulty ram stick. Unfortuntely the combination of faulty ram AND a faulty disk have corrupted my zfs pool. I'm in the process of trying to restore it. :oops: